On Feb 24, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Gael Pasgrimaud wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Paginate works with Pyramid, with the caveat that if you use the
>> Page.pager() method, you have to pass a custom URL generator to the
>> constructor as described on the webhelpers.paginate page.
>>

> Can't we have a default pyramid generator (and well, webob based
> frameworks) in WebHelpers who use the request.path to generate the url
> ?
>
> So you can use Page.pager(request=request)

Yep, that was the thought for the next iteration. Also, to require the object
being paginated to support the Python sequence API, so that the hacky code that
tries to deal with various SQLA things isn't needed. Ie, there'd be some
sequence wrappers for SQLA query objects vs. a bunch of if/else code toggling
it inside the paginator.

Cheers,
Ben