I've been investigating an issue I ran into a few days ago in which the
server response from my shared hosting service is strangely truncated. I've
emulated their environment on my local machine and haven't been able to
repro the problem. What was happening is that the response would be
truncated at a (seemingly) random point. When running my dispatch script
from command line over SSH, the entire response would be printed out as
expected. Something seemed to be garbled at the Apache level (and tech
support had no idea what the cause could be).

Through some trial and error, I've discovered that what seems to be causing
the issue is the (almost) default pipeline in my production.ini.

I've edited the weberror filter to:

[filter:weberror]
use = egg:WebError#error_catcher
debug = false
error_log = %(here)s/data/logs/errors.log
;show_exceptions_in_wsgi_errors = true
;smtp_server = localhost
;error_email = jani...@example.com
;smtp_username = janitor
;smtp_password = "janitor's password"
;from_address = paste@localhost
;error_subject_prefix = "Pyramid Error"
;smtp_use_tls =
;error_message =

(I only wanted to capture errors in file).

If I circumvent this step in the pipeline and just revert to what's in my
development.ini the strange truncation no longer happens:

[pipeline:main]
pipeline =
    egg:WebError#evalerror
    demianbrecht

Are there any known issue with error_catcher, or is there something
incorrect with my setup and I should have RTFM a little more?

Thanks,
- Demian