The reason it is being deprecated is because it is fragile code, we have found
variety of issues with it, as well as some of the functionality surrounding it.
We don’t believe that it is a good idea for a utility script to provide
daemonisation features. In the future you may want to consider doing what
Sontek does, and is run pserve in screen or tmux. This doesn’t change anything
else in your deployment scenario, other than that you prefix the pserve command
with “screen” or “tmux”.

pserve as a script can also be placed within your own project, if you’d like to
maintain the ability to daemonise.

Bert JW Regeer