Hi Uwe,

>> Here is a complete Pylons auth system using SQLAlchemy and OpenID to
>> get you started:
>> http://authkit.org/trac/browser/AuthKit/trunk/examples/pylons/AuthDemo
> I've looked at the above example and I was wondering why there appears
> to be 3 separate persistence tools namely DBUtils, MySQLStore and
> SQLAlchemy?  Is there a reason for this or am I wrong?

Well, the OpenID libraries don't use SQLAlchemy so I thought I'd have a
separate connection for them. The DBUtils are used to strengthen the
MySQLdb connection because I found it regularly disappeared if it wasn't
used for 8 hours. As it happened using DBUtils didn't help, so yes
DBUtils could go. I'd still like to keep SQLAlchemy and OpenID separate
though.

> Do you have any plans to extend AuthKit to be an OpenID server?

Well I've written an OpenID server supporting the simple registration
protocol (see http://passurl.com) but haven't had a chance to tidy up
the code for a release yet. I wasn't planning on adding it to AuthKit
though, but if you want to be involved, perhaps drop me an email off list?

Cheers,

James