On Mar 19, 2007, at 7:59 PM, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> Fellow Pylons Enthusiasts,
>
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 02:10:00PM +0000, James Gardner wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce the launch of a new wiki for Pylons
>> documentation where we would encourage you to contribute any articles
>> or information which you would usually post on the current Pylons
>> Trac-based wiki.
>
> I'm very happy to see some additional Pylons documentation.  I've been
> trying out both TurboGears and Pylons.  There are a few things I like
> better about Pylons than TurboGears but I've been working mostly with
> TurboGears because of the available TG documentation and for TG
> widgets.
> It looks like Pylons is improving in both areas.  There are a
> couple of
> things I'm wondering about:
>
> Is choosing a J2EE based wiki really a good way to promote python web
> development?  Wouldn't a python based wiki be a better choice?
> And, if
> primarily for Pylons wouldn't a Pylons based wiki be an even better
> choice?

Well, I guess it all boils down to the choice of a tool for a job. If
the tool fits well it's purpose and it's already developed and
usable, then who cares what technology is powering it behind the scenes?

Something positive can be said for Python for sure: how nicely it
integrates with most languages. The syntax coloring is powered by
pygments running under Jython :)

Alberto