John_Nowlan wrote:
> Thanks for this.
> I fall into the target audience (hand coder?, hmm.. sounds
> incriminating..)
> Appreciate the not diving in, but giving context first.
>
> Feedback, fwiw, after just reading, haven't had a chance to try yet
> (minor niggles or typos).
>
> - in a tutorial wouldn't the long form of commands be more explanatory?
> i.e. instead of
> paster create -t Pylons TWTutorial
> use
> paster create --template=TEMPLATE Pylons TWTutorial
>
> - 'the kind of form CSS fan-boys usually love'
> - remove this. I'am all for humor, but this just seems a little jarring.
>
> - 'I hope the above hints one' -> missing 'at' ->  'I hope the above
> hints at one'...
> -  could you add a bit relating the html to the code here? Not being an
> expert, I'm curious to know if things such as 'class="even"' come from
> the ListForm class and/or whether this is fixed html output and/or
> expecting a related css. At the end of the tutorial you mention in the
> coming next: 'How to tweak the form's template to precisely control its
> layout.'  So maybe just say that here, i.e. add a paragraph above 'Using
> the form in your application' that says: The layout of the form can be
> customized. 'How to tweak..' will be the subject of a following
> tutorial.
>
> - 'This is due a limitation' -> missing 'to' -> 'This is due to a
> limitation'
> - I condider -> I consider
>
> Other than that, this is a great help.
> Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback! I've removed the typos, grammar errors (thanks
for that!) and my ill sense of humor ;).

I'll update the blog post soon, along with part 2 which will be an
extended "fancy widgets part" since it has been pointed out to me that
it doesn't belong in an introductory part 1.

However, will soon stop doing it since I'll be posting updates from now
on at Pylons wiki.

Sending a link to its new home as soon as an admin makes the
toscawidgets space public...

Alberto