Just noticed this not responded topic... maybe I can still help..

The Pylons session (nor even Java/Hibernate) DOES NOT have any
knowledge of any parallel changes to underlying database that you use.
So you a) shouldn't do concurrent modifications on database
b) if you have to, then like you suggested: pool some DB info with
some frequency.

T.

--
_i______'simplicity_is_the_key'__________tomasz_nazar