On Aug 22, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> FWIW, hosting Pylons on anything besides Paste HTTP server can also be
> a problem in some cases. This is because certain setup steps for
> logging expected by Pylons applications are embedded in Paste HTTP
> server where they should not really be. This means that those magic
> steps have to be some how duplicated when using alternate WSGI hosting
> mechanisms. Such steps aren't though even documented in Pylons
> documentation, unless that has changed since last time I looked.

logging is setup by PasteDeploy's loadapp, not the Paste HTTP server
itself. Pylons apps are always created via loadapp for any kind of
deployment, so that's the appropriate place.

Is the following logging to wsgi.errors documentation not enough in
this regard? http://pylonshq.com/docs/en/0.9.7/logging/#logging-to-wsgi-errors

--
Philip Jenvey