Hello fellow PyMOLers,
Is the surface in PyMOL a solvent accessible surface or a molecular surface? It looks like a solvent accessible surface to me. Is there any way to change the radius of the water probe that is used to create the surface? I noticed that there are a few surface settings, but I can't figure out what effects they are having on the displayed surface. Can anybody shed light on these commands? What are their default settings? What are the high and low values they can take?

surface_best
surface_ normal
surface_ proximity
surface_ quality

I would like to create a fairly tight molecular surface and I just can't figure it out. ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

  Scott Classen
  clas...@uclink4.berkeley.edu