* cheom-gil cheong <cheomgilche...@hotmail.com> [2003-02-27 12:37] wrote:

> I want to reduce the width of helices and the strands and the thickness of
> the strand to make better-looking figures. Does anyone did that before? It
> must be some setting parameters but I cannot find it in my manual.

Yes they are there, but perhaps you didn't recognize the names.  Try
varying the following.

For strands:
cartoon_rect_length
cartoon_rect_width

For helices:
cartoon_oval_length
cartoon_oval_width

or for "fancy" helices:
cartoon_dumbell_length
cartoon_dumbell_width
cartoon_dumbell_radius  (radius of cylinder at edge of helix ribbon)

In each case "length" refers to what some might call the width and
"width" refers to what some might call the thickness.

Hope that helps,
Robert
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.                         <r...@post.queensu.ca>
Senior Research Associate                            phone: 613-533-6821