Warren's script is not quite right.  The value -0.902 is not correct.
Apparently, my picture, with a stick peptide casting a shadow on the inner surface of a deep crevice, is particularly demanding.

I have done the vector calculations. See the attached excel worksheet for light vectors for any desired stereo angle.

I am using the script below.  It produces perfect shadows and reflections.

turn y, 3
set light=[-0.43709,-0.34800,-0.82937]
ray 1120,818
png image.l.png