Hi Loic,

* Loic BERTRAND <l...@cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk> [2003-12-03 18:42] wrote:

> I want to generate a ray-traced image with a white background and a
> very strong fog effect. I tried to play around with the ray_trace_fog,
> ray_trace_fog_start and fog parameters but could not manage to do it.
> The image generated through the interface before ray-tracing is way
> clearer than the one after.

I'm not sure what you mean by "clearer". I always use a white background
and I have no trouble getting a very strong fog effect in ray-traced
images. I just move the rear clipping plane forward enough. I think I'm
using the default values of:

ray_trace_fog  -1
ray_trace_fog_start 0.35

> Is there any solution to improve this?

Could you put a couple of images on a web page somewhere to show what
you mean?

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.                         <r...@post.queensu.ca>
Senior Research Associate                            phone: 613-533-6821