> Why do you think pymol cannot be sold?  The copyright license
> does not seem to imply this[1], and such a restriction would
> render pymol not Open Source.

> Warren, can you tell us what you think on this?

Michael & Carly,

Yes, in my world, open-source means available to all people and for all
purposes, including for sale or resale.

I don't have a problem with people placing different terms on parallel or
related efforts, but if their code or materials are to be distributed with
PyMOL, then their redistribution terms must be compatible with PyMOL's
terms, with no exceptions.  If not, then the author of the material must be
fully responsible for maintenance and distribution.

mailto:war...@delsci.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
DeLano Scientific LLC