Hi Warren and all,

I'm trying building pymol on sgi irix 6.2 gcc 2.95.2

(I got root access to that old sgi indigo2 extreme irix 6.2, and got a 13W3 to VGA cable to connect it to my sony g520 monitor, and it works great.)

I installed gcc2.95.2,
and am building the external dependencies for pymol

but on running build.com I got an error about previous declaration of memchr and sure enough there is a file on my system called /usr/include/string.h and line 69 has memchr

is there a way around this?

I edited build.com :

setenv SGI_ABI -n32
setenv MAKE make
setenv CXX /usr/freeware/bin/c++

are these ok?

will the hardware stereo work with pymol?

this is really all I need this machine for, good for students (unless I can get a new licensed version of insightII on it ....... from the csc here in finland)

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology, Ambiotica C242
Department of biological and environmental science
PO Box  35
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä FIN 40014
Finland