Hi,

* Warren L. DeLano <war...@delanoscientific.com> [2005-03-07 13:46] wrote:

> This is a reasonable request, but no, it isn't possible right now -- sorry.
>
> If it isn't necessary to be able to turn the distances on and off, then you
> can name them using a preceeding underscore "_" so that they are omitted
> from the object list.

But in fact one *can* still turn them on and off, with the "enable" or
"disable" command on the command line:

  enable _dist1
  disable _dist1

And it would be straightforward to put those commands within a loop:

  # turn them all off:
  for i in range(100):
    cmd.disable("_dist1%s" % i)

  # turn them all on:
  for i in range(100):
    cmd.enable("_dist1%s" % i)

Change "100" to whatever is appropriate.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.                         <r...@post.queensu.ca>
Senior Research Associate                            phone: 613-533-6821