Esben,

Fantastic! I wasn't aware that nVidia quadro cards could do this.  That
provides a compelling reason to purchase nVidia Quadro cards for passive
stereo under Linux.

For the record: to configure passive stereo using the quadbuffer API
with a Quadro card under Linux, XF86Config needs to be configured as
follows:

Option "TwinView"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
Option "Connectedmonitor" "CRT, CRT"
Option "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768"
Option "Stereo" "4"

This approach should work great with existing versions of PyMOL.  You'll
only need the new PyMOL build if you are using a non-quadro graphics
card to drive your geowall.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com