Hi Fei,

* Fei Xu <f...@rutchem.rutgers.edu> [2006-04-19 11:55] wrote:
> Hi!:
> I met a scaling problem.
> I created many pdb files along one trajectory of DNA movement. I loaded
> each pdb file in pymol to create a picture, that is, one frame of the
> trajectory. Pymol shows each molecule in an optimal size automatically
> according the general shape of the molecular. The shape of the molecule
> along trajectory kept changing so that the size of the molecule also kept
> changing. When I connected all the time frames together, I saw the funny
> effect that the molecule was jumping back and forth.
> How can I put the molecule in the different time frames in exactly the
> same size?

What you are experiencing is the "auto_zoom" feature of pymol.  I have
this turned off in my .pymolrc file.  You can type:

  set auto_zoom, 0

to disable this feature.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.                         <r...@post.queensu.ca>
Senior Research Associate                            phone: 613-533-6821