I'm probably making a simpler mistake here, or perhaps there is something wrong with my installation or paths. I'm trying to load and display the simple cgo example in the manual. I created a file named "arrows" containing this definition:

from pymol.cgo import *    # get constants
from pymol import cmd

obj = [
   BEGIN, LINES,
   COLOR, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0,

   VERTEX, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,
   VERTEX, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0,

   VERTEX, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,
   VERTEX, 0.0, 2.0, 0.0,

   VERTEX, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,
   VERTEX, 00, 0.0, 3.0,

   END
   ]

From the Pymol prompt I then attempt to load it:

PyMOL> cmd.load_cgo(obj,'/Volumes/transport/AFABP_structs/Linoleic4/ rf10_TLS/arrows');

I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/delwarl/MacPyMOL060228/build/Deployment/MacPyMOL.app/ pymol/modules/pymol/parser.py", line 370, in parse
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'obj' is not defined

Anyone recognize what I am doing wrong here?

Richard