OK, I've got my spanking new Mac Pro with the (very expensive) NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 and I bought a shiny new ViewSonic G225f to augment my LCD display. I plug in the Stereographics E2 emitter...and now what? I'm not getting hardware stereo (which isn't surprising, it surely couldn't be that easy), but I'm not finding a lot of guidance about what it is I need to do.

One question is whether I have the appropriate build. This is what comes up in the text window when I launch:
 This PyMOL Executable Build incorporates Open-Source PyMOL 0.99rc6

I do find this comment on the Wiki:

"The trick to getting MacPyMOL to work in stereo on the second monitor is to force it to initially open on that display by providing an appropriate "-X #" (and perhaps -Y #) option on launch. That way the OpenGL context will be created with stereo support.

./MacPyMOL.app/Contents/MacOS/MacPyMOL -X -1000
./MacPyMOL.app/Contents/MacOS/MacPyMOL -X -1000 -Y 100"

But I don't understand the syntax. This is invoked from the command line, I assume, but
         ./something.app/somethingelse
doesn't look like the path to an executable to me...If I simply try ./ MacPyMOL.app -X 1000, I get back "Permission denied."

My apologies if I'm being unusually stupid.

The emitter worked when last tested (a month or so ago, on an SGI).

Pat

Patrick J. Loll, Ph. D.                                         (215) 762-7706
Associate Professor                                     FAX: (215) 762-4452
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Director, Biochemistry Graduate Program
Drexel University College of Medicine
Room 10-102 New College Building
245 N. 15th St., Mailstop 497