Hi again, Dimitry,

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:10:23 -0500, Robert Campbell
<robert.campb...@queensu.ca> wrote:

> Hello Dimitry,
>
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:43:28 +0300, DimitryASuplatov
> <gene...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have a .pdb1 file with biological unit. It consists of two frames
> > representing two chains (one per frame) together forming biologicaly
> > significant molecule. I could apply crystallographic symmetry, instead I
> > want to make use of file that I already have.  What is the command to
> > merge this two frames to a single one?
>
> Type:
>
> set all_states, 1
>
> Or set that in the "Setting -> Edit All..." menu.

Sorry, this method only allows both chains to be viewed, but may not be
ideal for your purposes.  If you really wish an object that shows both
chains as part of one object in one state, then you need to do:

  split_states orig_object

which will create new objects with _0001 and _0002 appended to their names.
You can then merge those objects into a new object with:

  create new_object, orig_object_0001 or orig_object_0002

But before you do that, make sure the new orig_objects have different chain
IDs, or you'll have some problems.  If necessary then, you can do, for
example:

  alter orig_object_0002, chain='B'

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor