Greetings Henning,

The visible disks & colors in the Mutagenesis Wizard indicate pairwise
overlap of atomic van der Waals radii.  The intent is to provide a
qualitative feedback regarding contacts and bumps.

Short green lines or small green disks are shown when atoms are almost in
contact or slightly overlapping.  Large red disks indicate signficant van
der Waals overlap.  Everything else lies between those extremes.

DeLano Scientific LLC
Subscriber Support Services
mailto:del...@delsci.info