Dear Morri,

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:35:32 -0700, Morri Feldman
<morrifeld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Rob,
>
> I'm interested in using your variability script with a substitution matrix.
> Would you please send me an example of a substitution matrix file?  Thanks
> for writing such a useful script.

Sure.  Attached are a couple of matrices.  One is a blosum80 matrix and
one is a hydrophobicity matrix.  I think I found them at:

http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Curric/PrwAli/nodeD.html
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Curric/PrwAli/nodeE.html

You should be able to easily create your own following those examples.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor