Hi David
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:47:43 -0700 (PDT) David Hall <dwash59_2...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Is there any documentation on getting information out of alignment objects
> into scripts?  I tried looking around the wiki, but I didn't see anything.
>
> I'm just wondering things like if I have a residue in one object, finding
> the residue in another object that has been aligned.

If you create an alignment object when you do the alignment:

  align proteinA, proteinB, object=A_on_B

then you can save a clustal formatted alignment file by typing:

  save A_aligned_with_B.aln, A_on_B

(same applies if you use the "super" command instead of "align").

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor