Robert,

Great point!  My original script had selections from protein A to a
ligand in any other protein B.  I just left it in there.

I agree that creating a named selection for each object is
unnecessary.  If he really wanted a clean namespace, he could dump all
of those into a group(s) or a multi-state object.

Nice attention to detail,

-- Jason

--
Jason Vertrees, PhD