Hi,

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:48:58 -0600 Michael Zimmermann <micha...@iastate.edu>
wrote:

> If you have a lot of files to do this to, I would suggest learning at
> least a little bit of perl.  It might not be as nice an option as a
> python tab manager (depending on your point of view), though.

Or even better, try sed (the following is in a bash-type shell)!

for file in *.py; sed 's/       /  /g' < $file >${file}.notab

In order to type the "tab" key in the command line, type the key combination
"CTRL-V" followed by the Tab key.

I use vim as my editor and I have it set to always use spaces and not tabs
using the "expandtab" setting, so when I hit the "Tab" key, it just inserts
two spaces for me.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor