Hi Rituraj,

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:43:02 +0530 rituraj purohit <riturajpuro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> I am having Ubuntu 10.04 and want to use pymol.
> There is no error in installation but it is giving following error
> during running pymol
>
> "r...@ritu-laptop:~$ pymol
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named pymol
> /usr/local/bin/python2.6: No module named pymol"

You seem to be running a python from the /usr/local/bin directory which is
probably not what you want.  The ubuntu 10.04 python is also python version
2.6, so you have no need to install another version in /usr/local/bin. Did you
install PyMOL from the Ubuntu software repository (as opposed to getting from
the PyMOL web site?  It should work fine with the python in /usr/bin.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor