Hi David,

this is bug, indeed. I also hit this some time ago but didn't report it
so far. The actual problem is that the cmd.super('1acb', '426d') fails
completely and only aligns a single atom, resulting in a Null-matrix
that collapses all of 1acb into a single point. The RMSD of 2.8 that you
get in your last call is just an artefact that arises from aligning the
correct protein to the collapsed one. Just run your example with GUI and
you see what happens.

fetch 1acb
fetch 426d
copy 1acb_2, 1acb
super 1acb, 426d
super 1acb, 1acb_2, object=aln
zoom aln

I think the super command should check if the resulting matrix is
orthonormal or at least not a Null-matrix.

--
Thomas Holder
Group of Steffen Schmidt