Dear pymol user and developer community

I am trying to embed a pymol2.PyMOL instance in a PyQt4 widget.

I am using the latest beta v1.4.1 (although it still says v1.4.0 in
layer0/Version.h, I assume you just forgot to update?). I use ubuntu on a
macbook.

I got it to display a black window inside a PyQt4 app, and I was even able
to produce som ugly little white square H atoms one time, plus som menus
only half visible. Yes, kind of strange.

The problem is openGL related. When typing pymol -v at the command line, it
tells me that my openGL version is pre 2.0, which is not true.

(Well, actually I wasn't entirely sure what precisely to look for in the
synaptic package manager, but libqt4-opengl is v4:4.7.0, python-opengl is
v3.0.1, python-qt4-gl is v4.7.4, freeglut3-dev is v2.6.0, libglew1.5-dev is,
well v1.5.2 glutg3-dev is 3.7-25)

Anyway, when I runt the following code (which may also contain the source of
the problem, I don't know):

class PymolQWidget(QGLWidget):

        def __init__(self, parent=None):
                QGLWidget.__init__(self, parent=parent)

                self.pymolInstance = pymol2.PyMOL()
                self.pymolInstance.start()
                self.pymolInstance.cmd.load('<home-directory>/GUI/H2.pdb')'

                self.pymolInstance.cmd.draw()
                self.pymolInstance.cmd.show_as("sticks")

app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
pymolWidget = PymolQWidget()
pymolWidget.show()
sys.exit(app.exec_())

I get the following error message:

ShaderMgrInit-Error: Could not initialize GLEW:Missing GL version

which means that GLEW_OK!=err at line 145 in layer0/ShaderMgr.c, which means
the glew hasn't been initialized, which is as far as I was able to get.

Needless to say, help would be greatly appreaciated.

Best,
Kasper Thofte
University of Copenhagent