Hi Claudia,

those clash visualizations are drawn by the sculpting routine, so you have to invoke sculpting in some way to get them.

This python function creates a copy of your selection, does one sculpting cycle and shows bumps for it:

from pymol import cmd
def show_bumps(selection='(all)', name='bump_check', quiet=1):
    cmd.delete(name)
    cmd.create(name, selection, zoom=0)
    cmd.sculpt_activate(name)
    cmd.show_as('cgo', name)
    cmd.set('sculpt_vdw_vis_mode', 1, name)
    cmd.set('sculpt_field_mask', 0x020) # cSculptVDW
    strain = cmd.sculpt_iterate(name, cycles=1)
    if not int(quiet):
        print 'VDW Strain:', strain
    return strain
cmd.extend('show_bumps', show_bumps)