James,

> 1) I want to visualise individual water mollecules wich have moved to the
> protein interiour during my MD run. How I could hide all solvent water and
> visualise only those water wich are within defined cutoff distance from the
> protein ?

You can find buried waters with this script:
http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Find_buried_waters. It doesn't
select waters within a cutoff of the protein, but by each water's
solvent accessibility.

> 2) I've compared electrostatic protein- ligand contacts by means of PyMol's
> present- ligand sites option. As I've noticed the polar contacts are
> visualised as the different object. It's very uncomfortable in case when I
> want to compare protein-ligand interactions in two conformations of my
> protein by means of GRID mode because the polar interactions from both
> conformations as the different objects. So as the result I obtain 4 objects
> ( 2 of proteins +2 of polar contacts as the simple distances ) instead of 2
> conformations with the polar distances. Is there any possible way to merge
> polar interactions with the protein structures to one object ?

No. In PyMOL, the underlying representations of molecules are
distances are completely different.

Cheers,

-- Jason

--