Hi Jeff,

That would be cmd.disable("object name") #
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Disable

Cheers,

Ali

On 1/3/21, 9:05 pm, "Jeff Saxon" <jmsstarli...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Thank you very much, Ali!
    Yes, actually, I suppose I have set up vdw radii using those commands,
    considering specific selections,e.g this is part of my pymol script
    that I am using in bash.
    $pymol -c -d "
    from pymol import cmd

    cmd.load('${storage}/${syst_name}/all_clusters.pdb')
    cmd.split_states('all_clusters*')
    cmd.select('all_clusters*')
    cmd.show('spheres', 'sele')
    cmd.set('sphere_transparency', '0.2', 'sele')
    cmd.color('marine', 'sele' )
    cmd.alter('all_clusters*', 'vdw=0.75')
    cmd.select('all_clusters*')
    cmd.show( 'spheres', 'sele' )
    cmd.rebuild()
    cmd.bg_color('white')
    cmd.save('${syst}/${syst_name}.pse')

cmd.png('${vizu}/${syst_name}.png',width=${image},height=${image},dpi=50,ray=0)
    "

    Eventually in my saved pml session everything looks fine BUT on the
    png image some of the spheres (notably located on the back plane in
    the space) are appeared to be smaller compared to the others (although
    in pymol all of them were identified using the same selection). So
    probably this is an issue of PNG command, which I used to make a
    screenshot.

    Also one question: as it can be seed from my script I used command
    split states for all_clusters object (which contain 100 conformations
    of the centre of mass) and then operate with the visualization of
    splited states. I noticed that the multi-model object is still exist
    along with its separate models, which command could be used to disable
    its visualization in GUI (like if I click on it in the context menu,
    while operating in gui)?

    Cheers,
    J.

    пт, 26 февр. 2021 г. в 12:29, Ali Saad Kusay <akus8...@uni.sydney.edu.au>:

    > Hi Jeff,
    >
    > The sphere size is controlled by the vdw property, to change it:
    > alter *, vdw=1.0 # this will set the sphere size to be equal for all atom
i.e. hydrogens atom would be same size as carbon

    > you also need to use the "rebuild" command to implement the changes
    >
    > At this point, you can control the sphere sizes consistently using:
    > set sphere_scale, 1.5 # or what ever size you need
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Ali
    >
    > Ali Kusay | BPharm (Hons) | PhD Candidate & Pharmacist
    > The University of Sydney School of Pharmacy | Faculty of Medicine and
Health