Hi Enrico,

I think it's because you are selecting side chains, glycine has no sidechain
and alanine has single carbon atom side chain so this representation won't work
for it. You would need to remove the sidechains from the selection to make it
apply to the backbone atoms, i.e. cmd.select('rep lines and poly)

Cheers,

Ali