Hello,

Is there a way to set a default altloc to be selected, if the residue/atom is
disordered? I can do this manually with a notation like ‘select foo,
obj//chain/resid/atom and alt A’ but if the residue/atom is not disordered, the
selection will be empty (I call this through a script for a set of structures
so I cannot know if there is disorder beforehand).

If the ‘and alt A’ conditional is omitted, all the alternative residues/atoms
are selected, but I don’t want that. It would be very handy to be able to
select a default altloc for these kinds of selections.

Ioannis G. Riziotis
PhD Fellow - Thornton Group
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus