Christian Scholz wrote:
Hi!

Locklainn wrote:
So, I believe I have gotten presence to work. I committed a new file called test_ogp_presence. It essentially just keeps acking the packings it needs to and responds to a handful (with VERY GENERIC message handlers) of needed responses (looking at Sai's old code, thanks Sai!). I put a screenshot on our main page for old-times sake. Now we have our own screen up there.

Very cool! I need to have a look at that code to see why mine back then did not work ;-) I suppose I did not send all needed packets.

My recollection is that you just need to ack all incoming packets that request acks. There are 2-3 packets you have to send first to establish presence before the circuit is complete. 2 are required plus 1 optional (3 required+1 optional?) and in order to make sure you have a good EQG with the sim you have to send those with acks and wait for them to be acked before using the EQG cap. Otherwise, it works only sometimes. Very hair-pulling when it doesn't work.

The next step for the client library, I believe, would be to somehow hook up some sort of input so that while presence is established you could send commands to do (like teleporting). This way, we could see things working live I think. Maybe this would allow us to see an avatar teleporting interactively. It may be easy to get an av to walk in a straight line or something too, but I dunno.

I started some client with threads in my sandbox. Well, maybe more an experiment than a client. But as it uses threads it should as well be possible to take commands and pass them to the correct threads.

See here:

http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/projects/2008/pyogp/sandbox/trunk/sandbox/mrtopf/example1.py

It's pretty much the original example which does it all manually but
sorted out into threads.

There is also the ADQueue thread which calls the EQG of the AD regularly.

It's not pretty code at the moment though but maybe it's helpful.

cheers,

Moving around on the sim should be possible once you have full presence. Not sure if ghosting (leaving off the optional presence-packet) allows movement or not or if that only has to do with Physics. Changing avatar position and the like would be a good first test for making sure our bot is truly functional, but I think the most useful thing to test will be group IM. Getting that to work should reveal more design flaws that anything since you have to pull in data from UDP AND EQG to get it working.

Lawson