Hi all,

Pyogp is for the most part up to date with the Draft 3 OGP docs. Really, the only thing missing is tests of rez_avatar/derez that accommodate the change to a 200 + message returned upon a teleport failure. There was only a derez test placeholder to being with, so we aren't missing much :)

If anyone wants to help test OGP via python, speak up!

enus

Bill Humphries wrote:
This we updated the Linden Lab Agent Domain and OGP-enabled simulators to implement most of Draft Three of OGP.

You will need to download and install the updated Open Grid Beta viewer:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Grid_Public_Beta/Open_Grid_Beta_Viewers

http://open-grid-beta.s3.amazonaws.com/Second_Life_1-21-0-97416_OpenGrid_Setup.exe (windows) http://open-grid-beta.s3.amazonaws.com/SecondLife_1_21_0_97416_OPENGRID.dmg (mac) http://open-grid-beta.s3.amazonaws.com/SecondLife-i686-1.21.0.97416.tar.bz2 (windows)

You will also need to update your OpenSim regions from SVN trunk, and rebuild. If you have any scripts running on your regions, you may also need to recompile them.

** Important **

There are known issues with LL to OpenSim teleports, but we're going ahead with releasing the viewers and the updated AD so that developers can get log information to help with debugging interop.

** Changes to OGP Teleport **

There are three changes to what we referred to as Region URLs:

1) Per draft three, these are now called public_region_seed_capabilities.
2) To teleport to a Linden Lab OGP region, you need to enter its public seed cap, which is of the form:

    http://sim1.vaak.lindenlab.com:13000/public_seed

3) You can now specify which simulator in an OGP enabled OpenSim instance on which you want to rez:

    http://myopensim:9000/my%20region%name

The region name is part of the path, and should be appropriately URL escaped, ie:

    http://75.101.131.107:9000/interop%20island

Viewer Source

Viewer source is in the interop-7 branch which will go out to public SVN on Wednesday.

-- whump