hi all!

I hope this finds you well...

I wanted to let you know, that I'm planning to create a branch in pyogp
that will contain an effort to remove zca and grok module dependencies
from the libs. Once cleaned out I would hope to merge it into the trunk,
with plenty of advance notice. I know we've talked a lot about it
before, pros and cons, etc, but after repeatedly trying and failing to
find a way to retain pyogp in it's current state and use it easily in
our dev environment here at Linden, not to mention to extend the code
beyond it's current state, I'm feeling like we need to bite the bullet.

There are various reasons:
the requirement of additional unnecessary dependencies during dev and at
runtime
zca adds a level of abstraction that is not required and is a severe
hurdle for many people
the desire for devs to use and extend the library without having to
learn and wrestle with zca
lack of any visible benefit at this point
etc

The benefits as I see them would be simpler code, easier dev (hence more
participation), simpler integration with diverse platforms, etc.

I don't really see an any way around it at this point. The thought of
adding packet handlers in the zca context alone is mind boggling :)

~e