i still haven't looked, but did you look at factory.py and see if (with
mods) it does what you want in instantiating a message shell via a template?

I'll be able to help out next week if that's not too late for you. Note,
I'll also start tackling the proposed package separation work next week as
well, and can easily accommodate changes or additional modifications to the
core vision of pyogp.lib.base in that work. I guess ingesting changes made
elsewhere would be easier in some ways.......... I'm also happy to just
merge or poach advantageous changes later on.

Please share your experience with Rope. That may be useful as the package
work is undertaken.

btw, imo, nothing in PyOGP has anything to do with OGP right now other than
having inherited a name until OGP actually starts moving again.

Do let me know how I can help...

~e