On 12/3/22 23:20, Marco Sulla wrote:
Hello. Sorry for posting in the dev mailing list, I did not found an user list
for Pypy.

I developed a C extension for CPython 3.6+. This extension uses
PyDictKeysObject. I tried to enable Pypy in cibuildwheel, but I get a
compilation error for PyDictKeysObject.

What object can be used by C extension in Pypy instead of PyDictKeysObject?

This is the correct place to post, welcome. PyDictKeysObject is a CPython implementation detail, and not meant to be used even with CPython. The declaration is found in the cpython/Include/cpython/ directory. In general, we would recommend not writing c-extension modules for PyPy, rather providing a pure python version of your library since in 99% of cases it will be faster than going through the C-API emulation [0]. If you really have to use C, we would recommend you use CFFI [1] or CPPYY [2].

Matti

[0] https://www.pypy.org/posts/2018/09/inside-cpyext-why-emulating-cpython-c-8083064623681286567.html

[1] https://cffi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

[2] https://cppyy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/