Hi! Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize I needed to be subscribed to
the mailing list to participate in conversations.

My use case is that I have a gui application which runs arbitrary
tasks as background threads, and needs to provide a cancel button to
interrupt them. The tasks are often legacy code and/or are very
difficult to find reasonable points to insert checks for interruption.

Another use case would be implementing a python shell in a gui. If you
want to maintain responsiveness while commands execute, they must be
able to run in another thread (or another process, but this is not
ideal if the shell is supposed to interact with the internals of your
application). Interrupting lines with ctrl-c requires being able to
send an exception to worker threads.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
- Audrey