On 12/10/23 17:20, Yevhenii Yatchenko wrote:
Greetings!

I'm working on a project related to SIP stack where one of our python interpreters is PyPy.

We faced an issue on PyPy 7.3.1 / Python 3.6.9 (OS - Oracle Linux Server release 8.8) where the whole PyPy process crushes with "segmentation fault" for unknown reason. I've tried to search a suitable way how to read the acquired coredump of the PyPy crushed process on the internet, but there are no any.

Could you please advice maybe you know how to Debug such situation?

Perhaps there is a way to read such coredumps of crushed processes?

P.S.: If additional info is required - feel free to ask.

TIA

Most often such segfaults are due to c-extension modules, and should print some type of RPython debug exception to stderr. Do you have access to the stdout/stderr of the process? Is there any more information? We no longer support that version. The last version of python3.6 was v7.3.3, maybe updating to that would help. If you can update further that might also help.

Matti