So I have this application that I'm writing that uses the Qt libraries. I want
to wrap the my application and all of it's objects so that I can call it from a
scripting language quickly, be it python, or ocaml or whatever. Anyway, for the
last bit I've been trying to get a module compiled that will allow me to
dynamically call into the classes & functions that I've defined. SWIG seems to
work right, and recently I even got my own self defined class within a module
from my C++ source to run, although it segfaulted and I have yet to find out
exactly why.

Can this be done? I mean, I was wondering it would be more appropriate that I
use SIP. One of the problems that I'm facing (I think) is that some arguments
to my classes and functions are Qt objects. But I can't export those functions
in my SWIG module without also writing a wrapper to the Qt objects manually (is
that right?). I'm very new to SWIG, but I definitely need the speed of a
scripting language for my development, because the compile cycle with Qt and
C++ is slow. In addition, I'm kind of considering SIP in parallel, so I need
advice as to which is more appropriate.

Can anybody advise me what the best route is in order to get what I want? SIP
or SWIG?