On 8/10/2007 1:01 PM, Ismail Dönmez wrote:

Ping?
I'm waiting for your reply to Giovanni's question.

To reply Giovanni, yes uic is running from a program who uses system locale which is tr_TR.UTF-8.

Are you saying that, in your system, as soon as you start the Python interpreter, the locale is tr_TR.UTF-8? Or that your application changes it?

Anyway, I must say that, in either case, uic should probably be locale independent. I think it's well possible that an application has the need to change the locale and then use uic, and this shouldn't break everything.

I wish the locale setting wasn't process-wide, but we must blame C and posix for that :)

Your suggested fix seemed like the best solution.
--
Giovanni Bajo