I'm working on creating a custom widget inherited from QTreeWidget. The purpose of this is I'm using the Designer for another programming language which doesn't have any of it's own developer tools. I'm creating custom widgets to mimic each of this programming language's widgets. The language has a tree control that I can mimic using QTreeWidget, but I need to add a lot of custom properties to the Tree columns. I'm trying to do this by inheriting from QTreeWidgetItems to create custom items that have unique properties. I'm also overriding the default TreeWidget Editor by creating a Menu Entry, and a Menu Factory that calls a custom dialog to edit the custom widget. In this custom dialog I'm adding a header using setHeaderItem(); which, displays properly in Qt Designer. The problem though, is that it the text property of the columns isn't being saved to the .ui file. Designer does add column tags to the .ui file, but the text is just the column numbers and not my text added through the QExtensionFactory call to the dialog.

Is it possible to get Qt Designer to save custom properties of the inherited QTreeWidgetItems objects?

Stephen