On 28/06/13 15:45, Eric Frederich wrote:
I'm having trouble working with absolute file paths in my qrc resource
file with PyQt.
Am I doing something wrong or is it just something that rcc happens to
support but not pyrcc4?

Here is my resource file

     $ cat resources.qrc
     <!DOCTYPE RCC><RCC version="1.0">
     <qresource>
     <file
alias="filesaveas.png">/usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/actions/document-save-as.png</file>
     </qresource>
     </RCC>

When I invoke pyrcc4:

     $ pyrcc4 -o qrc_resources.py resources.qrc
     Cannot find file:
/usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/actions/document-save-as.png
     No resources in resource description.

The file does exist:

     $ file /usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/actions/document-save-as.png
     /usr/share/icons/oxygen/32x32/actions/document-save-as.png: PNG
image data, 32 x 32, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

Note: rcc works fine with this file:

     $ rcc resources.qrc -o resources.rcc
     $ wc -l resources.rcc
     199 resources.rcc

Don't know about rcc, but the Qt docs are pretty clear that relative paths must be used in qrc files:

https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/resources.html#resource-collection-files

I suppose you could just use a symlink to work around this.

PS: For standard icons, a possible alternative solution is to use QIcon.fromTheme (only really useful on Linux, though):

    https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qicon.html#fromTheme

--
Regards
Baz Walter