Hello Fernando,

I personally have always found the 64-bit time stamps to be much more
useful (and much less ambiguous) than Python datetime objects.

However, if against my better judgement, you decide to store datetimes, you
effectively have three options (in preferred order):

   1. Create a numpy dtype or PyTables description that matches the
   structure of datetime to your desired precision and save them in a Table.
   If you want to save timezone information as well, I might add an extra
   length-3 string column and save the str representation of the tzinfo field
   ('UTC', 'KST', 'EDT').
   2. Look into the new numpy native datetime type.  I am not sure how they
   are storing this under the covers; it might be as time stamps plus some
   meta-data (which would be easy for use to store).  Then it would be nice
   for PyTables to have an appropriate Col subclass to go along with this.
   3. Store an array of pickled datatime objects (and possibly index it).
    This is ill-advised as it will likely be slow.

I would go with (1).  Number (2) should probably be done eventually (and it
would be great if you did some leg work and had a pull request ~_~).

Be Well
Anthony