Hello PyTables Users,

To let you know, we are hoping to do a PyTables 3.0-beta release here in
the next week or two.  This will include the long awaited Python 3 support
thanks to the heroic efforts of Antonio Valentino, who did the lion's share
of the porting work for both PyTables  AND one of our dependencies, numexpr.

However, to really make this release the best possible, we are asking for
your help in cleaning up and closing some of the remaining issues.  You can
see our list of open issues for this release here [1].  You can also see
out todo list for this release here [2].

*If you have a feature that you'd really love to see make it into the code
base, now is the time to implement it.*  If you have always wanted to
contribute, but weren't sure how to get going, please fork the repo on
github and then issue a pull request.  If you have any questions about this
process feel free to ask in this thread.

Here is to a great next release!
The PyTables Developers

1. https://github.com/PyTables/PyTables/issues?milestone=4&state=open
2. https://github.com/PyTables/PyTables/wiki/NextReleaseTodo