On 05.06.2013 09:15, Seref Arikan wrote:
> You would be suprised to see how convenient HDF5 can be in small scale
> data :) There are cases where one may need to use binary serialization
> of a few thousand items, but still needing metadata, indexing and other
> nice features provided by HDF5/pyTables.

You're right, Seref! That's why I wrote a small little script which
supports saving the script which generates the H5 file to the H5 file
itself, in a file_node. That way, if you have the data file, you can
always see what you did to create it :)

You can find the script here:

   https://github.com/andreas-h/pyrepsci

It's not cleaned up, but does the job. Currently, it works only via
pandas, but when I find the time I'll make it more general. Maybe you
find this useful.

-- Andreas.