Dear PyTables users,

I am trying to figure out the best way to write some metadata into some files I
have.

The hdf5 file looks like

/root/data_1/stat
/root/data_1/sys

where "stat" and "sys" are Arrays containing statistical and systematic
fluctuations of numerical fits to some data I have.  What I would like to do is
add another object

/root/data_1/fit

where "fit" is just a metadata key that describes all the choices I made in
performing the fit, such as seed for the random number generator, and many
choices for fitting options, like initial guess values of parameters, fitting
range, etc.

I began to follow the example in the PyTables manual, in Section 1.2 "The
Object Tree", where first a class is defined

class Particle(tables.IsDescription):
        identity = tables.StringCol(itemsize=22, dflt=" ", pos=0)

and then this class is used to populate a table.

In my case, I won't have a table, but really just want a single object
containing my metadata.  I am wondering if there is a recommended way to do
this?  The "Table" does not seem optimal, but I don't see what else I would use.

Thanks,

Andre