Nick wrote:
Right, I was thinking the same thing... those are pretty extreme conditions. But very interesting as a benchmark. I assume ext3?

Yes. It would be interesting to see the same thing on ReiserFS or JFS, but that will have to wait for another day.

dharana wrote:

Wow, good work Jim.

A bit of perspective:

50000 active sessions with an average of 15 mins duration per session means roughly 4,800,000 requests a day or 55 requests per second.

Oh, I know. A calculator is my constant companion. :)

But the point of creating FileSession in the first place was to speed up session handling - and the code's not finished 'till the benchmark's done. Also I think it's worth the time to squeeze as much performance out of mod_python as is possible.

Regards,
Jim