Grisha

I have a really obscure question for you.

Was there a specific reason that mod_python did not allow a handler
to be hooked using ap_hook_map_to_storage()?

I know that the reasons for wanting to do this would be very limited,
such as if you wanted to implement some sort of equivalent to mod_proxy
in Python, but curious all the same.

Notionally the handler would have fit in as 2 1/2 in code fragment below.

    /* [2] filename-to-URI translation */
    ap_hook_translate_name(PythonTransHandler,
                           NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

    /* [2 1/2] map filename to storage */
    ap_hook_translate_name(PythonStorageHandler,
                           NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

    /* [3] header parser */
    ap_hook_header_parser(PythonHeaderParserHandler,
                          NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

Graham

Graham